Monday, July 18, 2005

Do the shuffle

Do the shuffle...The waiting is over…

For the first (and probably last) time ever, I am the proud owner of a trendy gadget, namely the iPod Shuffle I won in the haiku competition. Actually, although it is a very funky bit of kit, I am not sure I would have bought one for myself, but then again, I am a self-confessed cheapskate. The controls are easy to understand and the feel of the whole thing gives credit to the obvious care that has gone into its design and production, but at the end of the day, it's just an MP3 player (ok and an AAC player and just about all the other audio formats you can mention). The price tag is purely a reflection of what a fashion icon Apple has become. There are a lot of nice players out there for a lot less money. That said, l still sold my old one and kept the iPod.
What a hypocrite!

The only down side of the whole thing is that the haiku competition was the swan song of the irrepressible rummaging blog. The author bowed out on a high citing the multitude of copy-blogs as the reason for quitting. The good news is that the author of rummaging is carrying on with his own personal blog, am.blogs.com. Happy reading and good luck with your new blog Andy (and thanks for the iPod by the way).

No comments: